Are you in search of affordable insurance options? Look no further than USAA! While traditionally known for serving military personnel and their families, USAA now offers insurance policies to all eligible individuals.
USAA was founded in 1922 by a group of U.S. Army officers as a means of self-insurance. Today, it is one of the largest financial institutions in the United States, providing insurance policies and other financial products to millions of customers nationwide.
Benefits of Choosing USAA
Here are some reasons why you should consider choosing USAA for your insurance needs:
- Affordable rates: With competitive pricing and discounts for bundling policies, you can save money on your premiums.
- Wide range of coverage options: From auto to life insurance, USAA has got you covered.
- Excellent customer service: Rated highly by J.D. Power for customer satisfaction, you can expect exceptional service when working with this company.
- Accessible anywhere: You can manage your policy from anywhere using their online portal or mobile app.
Who is Eligible?
While originally designed to serve military personnel and their families, eligibility requirements have expanded over time. Here are some ways that non-military individuals can qualify:
- Spouse or child of someone who has served in the U.S. military
- Former spouse who had a policy while married to someone who served in the U.S. military
- Child whose parent has had a policy with USAA
How To Apply
To apply for an insurance policy with USAA:
- Visit their website at www.usaa.com
- Click on “Insurance” at the top menu bar
- Select which type(s) of coverage that best suits your needs
- Enter required information about yourself (e.g., name, contact information)
- Receive preliminary quote(s) from various insurance policies
- Choose the best policy that fits your budget and coverage needs
- Complete your application
In conclusion, USAA may have a history of serving military personnel, but they are now open to all eligible customers for their insurance needs. With affordable rates, excellent customer service, and various policy options, consider getting insured with USAA today!
Q: Can I get insurance from USAA if I am not in the military?
A: Yes, you can! While USAA was originally created to provide insurance and other financial services exclusively for military members and their families, they have since expanded their eligibility requirements. Now, anyone can apply to become a member of USAA and receive services like insurance coverage.
Q: What types of insurance does USAA offer?
A: USAA offers a range of insurance products including auto, home/property, renters, life and health. They also offer additional policies such as flood insurance or umbrella liability coverage.
Q: How do I become a member of USAA?
A: To be eligible for membership at the time of your application (new), you must currently be serving in the U.S. military or have an honorable discharge; OR
You may still be eligible for membership if you are:
An offspring (child) whose parents have had or currently have a USAA property/casualty or life insurance product.
A widow/widower who has been left behind by someone who died while serving in the U.S. military.
A former spouse/partner who hasn’t remarried. You’re only eligible if your ex-spouse/partner had a property/casualty or life policy through us while married/partnered to each other.”